Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Where have I Been?

Where have I been?  Great Question.  My poor blog, stories and loyal readers have all felt abandoned.  And, that is right for them to feel that way.    I am sorry.


What happened?  Real Life. 

Financial concerns suddenly weighed heavier than anything.  While, like many, I have written for years and shared selected pieces with others, I also keep much of my personal life private.  While I write for fun, I have always wondered if anyone would actually pay for things I had written.  Circumstance forced me to test the waters and frankly I was surprised by the way my pieces have been received.  This caused me to refocus my time and efforts to take advantage of the interest.  Therefore over the last 5 months I have been heavily focused on writing and finishing a number of stories I had worked on and not published.  It was necessary to firmly test the reading interest and to have a quality product to publish since I had no interest in a poorly written piece of junk.


I thank any readers here who have supported my writing.  I am spending my time writing books in a number of genres and will be testing the waters with a couple of mysteries.  As I have described in the past, I write many stories in parallel at one time.  I am spending most of my time at the moment writing and I enjoy it.  There are ten books on Amazon at the moment and I have added links on the right side of the page.


Of course, I have not focused as much time on my free stories due to trying to build a base of material on Amazon.  I have not forgotten or abandoned the work.  I love the concept of Car Seat and have been thrilled by the response of everyone who has read and supported the story.  I have written extensively to carry this story forward.  However, I had to stop.  The next section which I had a lot written for traveled a path I was uncomfortable with and felt veered from the characters I had previously created.  I have paused thsi work and plan to totally rewrite the section before publishing it.  Ther is no timeframe.  Sorry.

As for other stories, I have tidbits written, some of which are extensive.  However, I write in sections or events.  This means I often complete a future section I know I want in a story and then go back to fill in the path to get there.  Because of this, it makes no sense to publish the unfinished pieces due to the fact that it will seem jumpy and may not include enough content to carry the story from point a to point b. 

I will be adding something here.  I will look at what I have and see what makes sense. 

In the midst of this I had some health issues which required doctor, hospital and recovery time.  All of these also take away valuable time which might otherwise have been dedicated to writing. 

Thank you for all your support
Daring Diane

21 comments:

  1. Hello Diane, good to see you posting here after a break. It was a pleasant surprise. I hope your trips to the doctor were fruitful and you are in a good shape now. I am really glad that you still have plans for this blog and care for it.

    It is good to know that you have devoted more time into writing. Not everybody can write a good story but you are certainly talented and you should channel it right.

    Personally, I don't mind if you write on a different platform. I haven't read all your stories on Amazon, they are not the type I particularly enjoy. But the ones I checked were planned and written with great care. The quality was great and you made some new fans who also enjoy your works. So, you were never away from your fans, just providing to a different group.

    I visit this blog regularly, not because the stories are free but the quality of them. I believe it is the same for others. You have set a very high standard for yourself. People demand more because they really love your works. I hope this thought will inspire you to write more for your fans. All the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your health issues. I hope they're resolved as quickly and successfully as possible.

    Whilst it's true you have neglected your stories here I know you haven't been neglecting writing at all. I've read all of the books you've published on Kindle although, I confess, the cheerleader series began to pall a little for me. Perhaps it's because cheerleading is an almost unknown activity here in the UK, in fact in my youth ( a very long time ago) I'd never even heard of it. I am looking forward to the second part of 'Corporate Dress Code'. It's a good substitute for 'Car Seat' which started well but seems to be going down a very strange path. Perhaps your rewrites of later chapters will go some way to adjust that.

    I know writing is hard work. I've written a very few myself but now restrict myself to proof/editing the work of better writer than I ever could be.

    Thanks for all you've done. Perhaps you should post here more often to let your fans know what's available on Kindle.

    Robi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's totally understandable. I did check out your paid works, including Corporate Dress Code, and I second Robyn Hoode in wanting a sequel. It was great, because I enjoy that fetish as well.

    Car Seat is special though. While the downward spiral and the humiliating rules are similar in both stories, there's a better sense in Car Seat that Melissa has no way of knowing the rules beforehand (and therefore no control), and there's also a sense that she's getting her comeuppance for being a bitch, whereas, whole we're told that Terry is responsible for the rules, he seems like a decent guy. On a whole, we'd like you to take your time and give us the next installment of Car Seat when it's ready. RL is priority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished reading Corporate Dress code and loved it from start till finish. Now leaning back waiting for the sequel 😄😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a shame there's been no updates, really missing the next chapter x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, Hope your health issues have been taken care of and you are well. I was glad for the update and happy to hear that you are writing! I've read everything from the blog as well as all of your Amazon books and really look forward to reading some new material. I absolutely love Car Seat and I think that Corporate Dress Code is a classic. I want to add to the encouragement from the others that a sequel (or two!) would be excellent! Thanks again for your great work. It's obviously appreciated by many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whole story of Amazon seems to be a cross-dress story.
    Do you have any plans to publish Age Regression novels in Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, can you contact me in private? I have a favor to ask, if you don't mind.

      My email id is : 01asif02habib@gmail.com; feel free to drop a message.

      Delete
  8. Dot Com Success, Career Restart,
    Do Clothes (Un)Make the Woman?, OR
    Earning a PHD Part '2' i was waiting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this a note telling us that you won't be releasing anything else for free?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you discard 2017, long breaks between posts is very much normal for this blog. Just cause DD has released few books on Amazon doesn't necessarily mean that she has abandoned her work here. In fact she reassured us with her post that there will be more stories in future.

      So far DD has not asked anything in return for her stories here. And I don't think it wise to push her for more. Even if she goes full commercial, which she has 100% right to do, we can at least support her with positive remarks as a "thank you" for her previous efforts.

      Delete
  10. No. I will still be releasing things for free. I had written a lot of the Car seat and decided i had to rewrite it because I did not like it.

    The note was to let people know I have had a lot of things going on and time is limited. I hope to add some things soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wondering, the story you are hoping to post here, is it a new story or a sequel?

      Delete
  11. Well-said Asif. Whether available "free" here or commercially on Amazon, I, for one, will be reading everything DD writes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fully with you here.. DD does amazing work and i wll gladly wait for a story she herself is happy with.

      Delete
  12. Hi hi. I am just curious as to whether the will be a sequel to corporate dress code? It is such a great story

    ReplyDelete
  13. When you mentioned 'soon' I didn't expect it to be almost two weeks. I hope it is not another health issue or something serious. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am working on this and expect to release it soon. But soon is relative. I have made a lot of progress.

    I am sorry I cannot vomit it out onto the computer.

    DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you. I was just curious to know what is going on. It is great to see another new book. I guess I'll check it out sometime. All the best for you health and ongoing projects.

      Delete
  15. Did you know there's a 12 word sentence you can speak to your man... that will trigger intense emotions of love and impulsive attractiveness for you deep inside his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, idolize and protect you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Who Trigger A Man's Desire Impulse

    This instinct is so built-in to a man's mind that it will make him work harder than before to to be the best lover he can be.

    As a matter of fact, triggering this powerful instinct is so essential to having the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You'll immediately find him expose his mind and heart for you in such a way he haven't expressed before and he will perceive you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly fascinated him.

    ReplyDelete